Uploading large journals into Dynamics AX 2012 R2

Hi,

The business that I am currently supporting are experiencing very long wait times for large journals to be imported (3-4hours) for a CSV file with 1600 rows.

Can anyone please suggest how we can increase the speed of this process for Dynamics AX 2012?

I know that splitting the CSV into smaller files will help however the users want to be able to import it in one big hit.

I would appreciate any advice in regards to any known Modifications or fixes to help improve the time taken for this.

Thanks.

How are you importing the file? Through the Data Import Export Framework? If so, which phase takes such a long time (import to staging or import to target)?

Assignment of voucher number takes time in general. In the journal in which you are importing, what is the New voucher criteria on the journal names form. If you setup it as One voucher number only, the import will be faster as system will not check for new voucher criterias. Please do this in test environment first.

Pranav…

Hi Pranav,

Thanks for the response. I had a look under General Ledger setup> Journals and Journals Names…

Where can you set the voucher number up in this form to be one vouchee number for all instead of one per journal please?

Kind Regards,

Nick

Thanks for the response Martin, the users will not have access to DIEF. They are importing journals through GL>Periodic>Import>Journal import

Kind Regards,

Nick

On the journal name form under voucher number sequence, there is a field New voucher. Update new voucher to one voucher number only. This way, all the journal lines will have one voucher only. This works good if multi line entries are imported (If it is single line voucher entry, then all the line should have unique voucher number)

Seems like you have written an import script for migrating balance. When you migrate balances, system checks for the voucher number. If the Dr and Cr side equals or if the date changes, system allocates new voucher number. I think when you are importing the ledger balances, system is checking the voucher number setup and hence taking more time.

Pranav…