Unable to see a SQL VIEW in AX 2012.

Hi I am an expert in MSBI DW/BI and deployed to work in Dynamics SSRS Reporting.

I am a beginner to AX 2012. I’ve created a view in SQL using SQL Server Management Studio and now I want to use that in one of the RDP classes. I can see the view in SQL environment but unable to locate in AOT.

That’s not how it works. The definition of database schema is defined by AX application and the database synchronization in AX creates tables, views etc. in SQL Server.

AX never import anything from SQL Server to AOT.

Therefore you have to model your view in AOT and then synchronize AOT with database.

Actually the report is quite a simple one if I create it in conventional SSRS way. I am joining 3 tables to fetch the result set. on top of that I am using CASE statement to form a logic. Would you please give me link where can learn all these stuff with respect to AX environment?

If you want to become an AX developer, you’ll find a plenty of information on MSDN, such as View Basics [AX 2012]; you can also get developer training materials from CustomerSource/PartnerSource and buy some books about AX development.

If you don’t want to become an AX developer, I suggest you leave this piece of work to somebody who is.