Unable to post a Bom journal for disassembly entry type with Bin code. BUG???

Hi all!

I have a location ABC with bins mandatory.

I need to create a new item that has several components . I have set my item kit bom ( assembly and disassembly are the same).

Now when i try to use the BOM journal to disassemble my item ( 10 units that I alreadu have on inventory at that location) and to create inventory for my components , the system does not allow me to do so. This is what I have " bin code does not exist" BUT on my disassembly line , i have my bin code inserted.

I have checked my kit lines and I have found that the system does not insert automatically bin code on kit lines and does not allow me to do so as the field is not editable. so is it a BUG??? or does anyone find a way to resolve that problem?

Thanks

Hi Taty,

Perhaps the following setup is worth checking on kit lines:

If you are using bins at a location, assigning default bins to your items can make the process of shipping, receiving and moving your items much easier. When a default bin is assigned to an item, the system will suggest this bin every time you initiate a transaction for this item. Default bins are defined in the Bin Content window.

Robert