Unable to call DCOM from ASP

Hi, I am unable to connect to COM and when i try to acess the ASP page that was created it says the following Microsoft VBScript runtime error ‘800a01ce’ The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable: ‘CreateObject’ Where create object is used to call up my server. I followed the same steps as given in Axapta COM Connector.doc whitepaper present in partner source. Please help me on how to resolve this issue. Thanking you. Regards Sri Ram

Hi Sri Ram, I haven’t seen the document that you mention. But from the error, it looks like you used CreateObject rather than Server.CreateObject. Is this correct? If so, try using Server.CreateObject. Otherwise do please post your code here. Also if you haven’t already done so, have a look at Axapta Developer’s guide (under Axapta Business Connector). Regards, Harish Mohanbabu

Hi again, Also please confirm whether are you using DCOM or COM [:)] Cheers, Harish Mohanbabu

Additional to what Harish had said, you can do some further checks on the server where you have Business Connector installed is : 1. check the Axapta connector is running in COM+. 2. Stop IIS services, Just try registering the axcom.dll using regsvr32 and then restart IIS and COM+. Hope that helps. Regards, Dilip