Trouble in (item Arrival journal posting) when return order is created Refering to SO which has batch no defined for the items.

I need help to rectify the issue.

I am working in AX 2012, and facing the issue when Posting the Item Arrival Journal .This happens when Return Order is created refering to the Sales Order which has an item whose batch no is defined.

Error: The quantity that you have entered exceeds the quantity that it is possible to return for the batch or serial number.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Create SO for an item whose batch no is defined.(e.g. take Qty=20)

2. Follow all the steps like ( confirmation, picklist generation, picklist registration, packing slip and Invoice)

3. Create RO for the item clicking FIND SALES ORDER.

4. Take the return quantity less than the quantity in SO(e.g. take Qty=5)

5. Do Item Arrival. (…/Inventory and warehouse management/Area page/Periodic/Arrival Overview)

6. Start Arrival for the Return Order

7. Open the Journal (Item Arrival) which gets created.

8. Check Quarantime Management Checkbox in the General Tab

9. Click Post button (In the Action Pane) to post the Journal.

10. Error comes as "The quantity that you have entered exceeds the quantity that it is possible to return for the batch or serial number. "

Note: If error does not appear for the first return order then it will appear if the subsequent Return order(RO) is created referring to the same SO.

From the initial research it has been found that this error comes only when the batch num for the item is defined.
Ans the reason for it is that InventDimID for the JournalTrans is not matching with the InventDimID for the sales/return line.
New InventDimID is being created at the time of creation of the Journal.

Hi Rahul,

This is one of known bugs in AX 2012. We had this issue and the problem was exactly as you mentioned. We reported this issue earlier this year and later received code fix.

Hi Rahul,

I think this issue is resolved in CU3 update. Have you tested in CU3 updated wnvironment?

Pranav…

We just installed the CU3 update and I am getting the same error. The process I took is the same that the original poster outlined. does anyone have a workaround for this issue?