TOTAL

Dear all,

I have to create reports with particular date (i.e for 092309) should total for all customers ( table:customer ledger entry) . I got the total for all the dates but need to get total for each date . what function can i use ,is SETRANGE if so please help me .

Thanks in advance!

With regards,

R.Ramanathan

For filtering you can use SETRANGE or SETFILTER (check the online help for the syntax), SETRANGE is for basic filtering, for a given date or date range, SETFILTER is more powerfull and gives your more flexibility

Apply the filters on the OnPreDataItem of your report, since you ask for A give date

Setrange(“Posting Date”, DateFilterReqForm); // would filter on a given date

BTW, did you check all the flowfields available on table 18 customer ? maybe one of the flowfields there can help you achieve what you want more efficiently, in that case the easiest would be to apply a date filter on the customer table, and perform the relevant CALCFIEDS …

You can use the DateFilter, a flow filter in the customer table. Then do a calcfields on the balance.

I would also look into the grouping functionality for reports. You could group by a certain date. Use the virtual table Date as a data item in your reports. The customer ledger entry table would also be a data item with the appropriate links to the Date table.