to show closing balance of end month to opening balance of start month

hi i am new to this group.I am a beginner of dynamics nav.i need a help to show closing balance of end month to opening balance of start month.i dont know from where datas are coming ?

Welcome to DUG!!!

You have to find the first date from date filter as follows

define one varaiblle

vardate date

Code as follows

VarDate:= “G/L Account”.GETRANGEMIN( “G/L Account”.“Date Filter”);

For opening balance use following filter

GLAccount .SETRANGE(RsGL.“Date Filter”,0D,VarDate-1);

i didnt get it correctly.can you explain me in detail

Hi sujala,

welcome to DUG :slight_smile: I hope I understand this correctly: You want to carry forward the balance to the next month? That’s not the way it works in NAV… the net change and balances of an account are always calculated over “G/L Entry”.Amount, with filters for account, date and others if needed. So, there is no need to do a carry forward to the next month. Just try to set a few date filters in the chart of accounts and see how the amounts change accordingly.

with best regards

Jens

What is actual requirement ?? Would you like to create report ?

Want to correct report.September opening balance is showing zero balance.Requirement is august closing balance should be september opening balance

You have report already .What is expected ?

In report put date filter as 01/09/2012 …30/09/2012

You will get Opening balance for Septemeber

If it is not getting then you need to check report program as well as data.

it’s not working.where should i check program.

Which report you are looking in Navision ???

It appears like you are talking about customized report. In such a case, you should be easily be able to show closing balance of last month as opening balance of this month. You can also refer to “Inventory Valuation” report which serves your purpose,

i am looking on customized report

Kindly contact senior in office or partner who developed it …

Why don’t you have the person who have developed the report check the formula behind the opening & closing balance in the report.