timer not working on not focused form

Hi. I have a 1000 ms timer interval on main menu form. And at onTimer event, I write a message ‘timer’. It works find when main menu form is focused, but it does’nt work when that I open another form !!! It looks as if form where ‘completly stoped’ when it’s not focused !! How can I fix this ? Thanx in advance.

I’m not sure how that can be, because I have a solution that uses the main menu and has a timer. The main menu rarely has focus but, it does perform the timer function. Try the same code in a new form. Bill Benefiel Manager of Information Systems Overhead Door Company billb@ohdindy.com (317) 842-7444 ext 117

I’ve tried it in other form, with timer that decreases a number wich show in form. When form is not fucused, timer doesn’t do its work …

Carlos, have you tried putting a CurrForm.UPDATE in the OnTimer trigger? I’ve just tried a test form which incremented a integer every second and that seemed to work OK when I had that in the corner of the screen while I went through a few other forms. Cheers, John

I forget to say I’m using navision financials 2.01A. Well, in my form, I show a timer decreased counter in a corner, in a control named wTimeOut. At timer I make currform.wTimeOut.update and it doesn’t do any thing when form is not focused … Arrrjjjjj

Hi, It’s working fine with the Navision Financials 2.60.

OK … So. May any one, please, confirm timers don’t work on NOT focused forms in Navision Financials 2.01A ?? Thanx