TFS 2012 Sync issue with Table Collections

Hi,

I would like to know any one had this issue earlier and what might be the resolutions steps for below issue.

My client using TFS 2012 and everything going fine but not able to view changes made to Table collection which already part of Virtual company setup.

Change : Added couple of tables to the existing Table Collection and no error messages while I check-in code in development box and worked as expected in development box.

We are using automatic merge and merged code from development to test environments with out any errors and able to see changes in the TFS and also in the repository folder but not in the AX AOT/Data Dictionary/ Table Collections and not sure what will be issue with Table collections merge. We don’t have any other issues with other objects, so far noticed only with Table collections.

It would be great if someone can share any sort experience to resolve this issue would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Maru

Look at steps of your “merge to Test”. I don’t know what you’re doing there, so I can’t be specific.
For example, if you use a build server to prepare a model for Test, look at the workspace (whether it contains the change) and then at the model. If you use synchronization with TFS from Test, the first place to check is the synchronization log.

Hi Martin,
We are using build server to prepare build for all check-ins and then running automated merge to test environment. In the Build server I am not seeing changes but in workspace I am seeing the changes. Like I said earlier I noticed only changes didn’t make it to build server or test environment is Table collections all other objects merged fine every time we do merge to Test environment. Using same TFS version from beginning.

Thanks.

If you say it fails already in Build, we can ignore the Test environment, because you can’t ever install there what you haven’t built.
How does your build process work?

Hi Martin,
Yes, that’s true. It looks like I can’t merge Table collection changes automatically because when other developers trying to sync there development boxes with changes. it throws caution message as - "Table collection being reimported is associated with a virtual company, please remove the association before importing. "

So we thought of using manual import(xpo) to other environments instead of removing virtual company association.

Thank you so much for your time.

I’m confused. I thought you had problem with a build server, but now you’re talking about synchronization of DEV boxes.
The synchronization with TFS imports .xpo files stored in TFS, so importing the .xpo file manually is the same thing and you’ll likely get the same result.

Hi Martin,
Yes, earlier we thought that issue with build server but we found out it’s because of the table collection attached to virtual company. To merge code changes what we did for existing table collection , need to follow below steps. Remove table collection from virtual company then synchronize TEST/DEV environment then do check-out and undo check-out to see the changes in AX AOT and then add table collection to virtual company.