Textbox property: DropDown

Anybody who knows how to get this property to work??

Set field-property DrillDown:=TRUE or just write some code in form-field-trigger OnDrillDown (or table-field-trigger OnLookUp). You have to write some code to take action, when button is pressed.

No, I didn’t ask for DrillDown, I asked for DropDown!

Simply fill out the OptionString property of the field that should have this DropDown list (comma seperated list with the values). Saludos Nils

Hei again! Yes, I tried to fill out the OptionString with values, both nothing happened. No dropDown box…

Why don’t you use a variable of type ‘option’? The dropdown property works only in combination with a variable of type ‘option’.

why do u need this property to work, it works automatically, if required like if u use option field if you set property dropdown=yes on a text data type then it will show you drop down but it will not work because there is nothing in the list.

Yes I know I can use option-variable. But I was just corious about how this property Dropdown works, and why it is invented. Lets say I have a option-variable, and use at textbox with Source-Expression for this variable, then I dont need to set det Dropdown to true. So whats the use of this property? The help-text for DropDown says I can put something, lets say Yes;No, in the optionstring and set Dropdown to yes to make this work, but when I run the form, the Dropdown does not work. (I tried to make a text-variable, and to put the optionstring on the text-box.) Maybe my problem are that I cant see the purpose of this property? And as I said; I was just curious about this… As I can see, the only use is to say NO on this property; this means there will be no dropdown. But the use for YES?.. Well, well…

The help on this option is misleading. It should have stated that it only works for option variables. I can think of a situation where the properties of a option-variable are overruled for a specific field. Suppose you have a status with options ‘New’, ‘Approved’ and ‘Posted’. If you change the option string to ‘New,Approved’ the end-user cannot change the value to ‘Posted’. But that still doesn’t answer the question why on earth you need the dropdown property…