Tabcontrol on RequestForm of Dataport (all items revert to InPage=0, after re-entering designmode)

I created a custom Requestform to export and import data to/from multiple dataitems. With help from other posts I can read/write to/from files (even create file to write to). Purpose of this dataport is to quickly export all setting ans helptables to one file. Later on import part or whole file to new company (in another database).

I used to group related dataitems together in a frame (finance , project, CRM together) with buttons of/of and one group button on/off. But now i want to expand this little tool to use all of about 200 tables (and dataitems). So space gets cramped.

I thougth of using tabs controls (project, crm, finance tabs) But the frames/other controls won’t stick after re-entering design mode(already read about it in another post; InPage-property → 0 for all items) ans are all on page 0. But I can’t seem to find the solution to this problem.

If anyone has a solution for using about 200 check-boxes (with tablenames as textbox) on the ReQuestform of a Dataport I’ll be very thankfull.

Regards,

Mario

Hi Mario,

I don’t think this can be done.
The req.form is not a tab-form.

You can do it like this though…

• Create the “request-form” you want, just as an ordinary tab-form.
  • Insert the OK and Cancel buttons, and in OnPush-trigger of the OK-button, send the values defined by user to the dataport (I always create a function called SetPars for this, with the values as parameters, and then assign them to a number of global variables). Then call the dataport.
  • OnPreDataport use the global vars to set proper filters etc.

Sander7,

I was afraid for this. But you’re right. If this is the way to go, so be it. I tried it and it works perfectly, although it will be a tedious job to keep parameters in sync while developing.

I’m thinking about passing allong an array[250] or so, so I can keep it simple.