Statement of Direction

Who reads the statement of direction? I used to stay up with it, but it seems like Microsoft doesn’t care to update it unless enough people scream. And even then it usually is more of an explanation of what they’re already doing, not where they plan to go. Usually they keep the newest version here https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersou…entofDirection but it shows it hasn’t been updated since 2014. Page 15 says “More details on the updates to Microsoft Dynamics “AX 7” can be expected in a new Statement of Direction that is planned to be published in Q2 of calendar year 2015.” They’re only half a year late…

This post is partially an observation, but also I’m wondering how other people try to keep ahead of what Microsoft is doing. For customers, this is a big investment, and understanding how the project is changing is key to maximizing your value in my opinion.

I have seen them presented at the Technical Conference and Convergence, but they are very fluid. Access to partnersource as you have, then look at DLP for TC2016 and the keynote has the statement of direction in it for that moment in time! Clearly they do not keep a single page updated anymore!

I wish they’d get rid of the link to it from the AX7 Launch Portal and stuff, too. It’s deceptive and not even worth referencing anymore!