Standard Error with Indirect Cost % ??

Hello, when i ship an order with “indirect costs” then the “Cost amount (expected)” includes the “indirect costs”. When i facture the order the “cost amount (actual)” does not include the “indirect costs”. This is an error i think! In the Function “PostItem” in Codeunit 22 i’ve found this Code. IF (“Entry Type” = “Entry Type”::Purchase) AND (“Value Entry Type” = “Value Entry Type”::“Direct Cost”) AND ((Quantity > 0) OR (“Invoiced Quantity” > 0)) THEN BEGIN “Indirect Cost %” := Item.“Indirect Cost %”; IF “Item Charge No.” = ‘’ THEN “Overhead Rate” := Item.“Overhead Rate” ELSE “Overhead Rate” := 0; END; The “Indirect Cost%” of the ItemJnlLine is overwritten by the “Indirect Cost” from the Item. Is there a fix for it? Thank you Sven

a/ this is not a developer issue, it is related to standard navision. b/ you need to follow the code correctly. you will see that the only time this code is called, is when the line is an adjustment. c/ the code is hard to follow, so it is easy to arrive at this conclusion. d/ there are a number of areas, where the expected cost is to say the least bizare. I have seen a $1.00 unvouchered receipt line, cause $90,000 difference on the G/L because of the way it calculates through. Of course posting the purchase invoice fixed it up, but still it is odd. sven is the client using manufacturing. erik, how do i move this topic?

Hello David, i have followed the Code and the trigger “PostItem” is called at some parts of the Code. Not only when the line is an adjustment. We are using Attain 3.6 without the manufacturing module. Ciau Sven

but only in manufacturing, where type is not purchase

I have just had my VAR fix a similar sounding problem, which occured when we changed from 2.1? to 3.6. We are accustomed to put the indirect cost % on the purchse line, not on the item card. However on 3.6 the purchase line value was ignored. If there was a value on the card, and this picked up on the purchase line, then any edit of this value on the purchase line was ignored. The programmer said there was a bug in the code unit. Sorry, I don’t know which code unit. We are not using manufacturing, this was just a straight purchase of an inventory item.