SQL job to Synchronize in Nav user

Hi everyone,

I am new to Navision so thank you for your help in advance .I want to know if its possible to create script to synchronize the navision users. We are using navision 4.2 (service pack 2) and sql 2000 sp4

Wanted some expert advise before I go plunging into the dark by using profiler to capture Navision synchronizing function and then trying to create a script from the capture information.

John

If only you had the password to the application role. Then maybe this would be possible. Spend your time on other things. Even if you could successfully do this, what’s the benefit?

Change the security model to ‘Standard’ and you won’t have to synchronize anymore.

Thank you for the feedback as I mentioned I am new to Navision and was told that the database needed synchronizing due to the users and was ask if it could be scheduled. I have google about the standard security and found http://dynamicsuser.net/files/folders/3851/download.aspx#_Toc142982419 ( for anyone else whom might interested) but one more questioin if Standard automatically sync and seem faster what would be the benfits over standard with Enchanced security?

I know what you asked, I can read [:)]

With enhanced security, individual user permissions to tables are pushed down to SQL Server, so that this is also enforced on connections to the database other than NAV connections. It is never used by NAV though, because security in NAV is done through the application role and set up inside the app. The only thing that the enhanced security model does for NAV is slow down the synchronization process, there is no added benefit for NAV. If you need external access to the NAV database, I always recommend setting up additional users for that specific purpose.

Cheers for the sharing the knowledge, DenSter.

John

Enhanced security came about because of Microsoft’s Trustworthy Computing initiative.