Splitting of COGS accounts for standard costs

Has anyone modified Attain for the posting to the COGS accounts to reflect the breakdown of standard costs, when manufactured items are sold? My client wants to record COGS at the level of Material, Capacity and Overhead. They are using Attain 3.10A.

Don’t the manufacturing reports (cost shares) give you the information needed? COGS posting must be one of the most complex areas of Navision - do you really want to change the standard? Good Luck.

…and think of how much fun it would be with a multi-level bill of materials for the product. [8] From a posting perspective, Adam nicely undestates the issues - this is deep and swift water. It would interesting to know why this client wants to wander outside the norm like this…in over 25 years of implementing manufacturing systems of all sizes, I’ve never run into this one.

Hi, I saw such request many time and I saw some systems that support this (Great Plain as example). But all time we was be able to convince client that they do not really need this.

I just want add that I saw one even more exotic request from Jewelry industry. Jewelry piece contains Metal (Gold, Platinum…), Diamonds, Color Stone and Labor. Pricing model has different margins for each type of material. As Example: Metal 30%, Diamond 15%, Color 20%, Labor 50%. Client wanted to post COGS by cost component and Revenue by the same component. So for one Sale transactions system should post 4 sale G/L entries (different g/l accounts) and 4 COGS entries (different g/l accounts)

Just playing a bit with the codeunits (specially codeunit 22) and adding a few fields to the item journal lines table will do the work… :slight_smile:

I like how you think. What about revaluations? Or FIFO for production Orders? If life was so easy we would not have work.[xx(]