Sorting SalesInvoice report by ExternalItemId

Hi there i need help with sorting the Sales invoice report by ExternalItemid field in CustInvoicTrans table. I added it as a sorting field on the CustInvoicTrans datasource but it didn’t work. Any ideas on how to do that. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Can you specify the objectnames in the AOT . Are you trying to add a sorting field on an already existing datasource or you have added the datasource as well.Some more information might be useful.

quote:

Hi there i need help with sorting the Sales invoice report by ExternalItemid field in CustInvoicTrans table. I added it as a sorting field on the CustInvoicTrans datasource but it didn’t work. Any ideas on how to do that. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:
Originally posted by maria_iva81 - 2006 Apr 20 : 15:54:26

I had a similar problem. Try to clean a cash of queries and reports previous used in Axapta. It helped me[;)]

as far as I understand from your post, you made all your changes in the AOT. Try looking at the code behind the report maybe the query is modified (sort fields cleared, for example) by code? You might also consider showing us the query that is formed - maybe some other field takes precedence before your ExternalItemId and you simply don’t see the change that you made. Good luck!