Service Tax Related Query

Hi All,

I have upload the new patch of service tax reverse mechanism, while gone through the pdf which is provided in the patch i have little query ,

as per new rule there are certain ration between service provider and service receiver. i have example.

(Service Receiver) Reverse Charge % 100
Abatement % 60
Amount of Service 10,000
Taxable Base for Service Tax 4,000
Service Tax (12 %) 480
Service Tax E-Cess (2 %) 10
Service Tax SHE Cess (1%) 5
Total Service Tax 495

In this above case the total bill will be 10495,

and my service tax entry table will hit , service tax base amt : 10000, and service tax amt : 495,

The other side which is paid by vendor is this

(Service Provider) Reverse Charge % 100
Abatement % 40
Amount of Service 10,000
Taxable Base for Service Tax 6,000
Service Tax (12 %) 720
Service Tax E-Cess (2 %) 14.4
Service Tax SHE Cess (1%) 7.2
Total Service Tax 742

Now my problem is this that when we have to pay total 1236 tax of amount 10000( both service provider and service reciever) now in my if iam receiving the service i have to pay only 495, now if i go through the sales register report,

than it will show 10000 as base amt and 495 as tax amt ,which is 4.95% , so my g/l will so differnent report and my sales register will show different report, because in PDF they are using journav Voucher to adjust the 742 amt from one account to another account.

any idea how to resolve this, so that there is no need to use Journal Voucher.

Regards,

Shailesh

Is this the practical scenario you have done in Cronus Database ?

Hi Manish,

This is the practical scenario, i have just tested in test database, if you go through the service tax reverse mechansim pdf which is provide by microsoft in this they are just passing JV for the adjustment.

Regards,

Shailesh

MS has release the RCM as part 1 yet, looks like they are still understanding the Indian RCM.

Means MS will release the second patch for this also, because this is not full solution.

Read the Word Document available in the HF of RCM.