Security profiler tool for AX 2009 - any good, and is it possible to remove it later???

I am just about to download and import the AX 2009 security profiler tool into our Test environment. I was just wondering, before I do that, is it possible to remove an xpo once it has been imported, and if so, how would I do that? The tool is obtained from:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/emeadaxsupport/archive/2010/05/25/ax-2009-securityprofiler-tool.aspx

Has anyone else used this too, and if so what did you think of it?

Thanks

Hi,

Though I never tried this tool, feedback for this tool so far is quite positive.

Regarding ability to remove the tool, usually deleting the XPO should do it.

Regards,

The XPO what you are trying to import is shared Project so when you remove the projects the objects in the project will not be removed…

I think you need to delete the changes manually…

Or else you can do one more thing you can import this project into var/cus/bus where they are no custamizations…

and you can delete the .aod file

Hope this will help you

Regards

Kranthi

Hi Kranthi How do I import into VAR/CUS/BUS?? and how do I delete the .aod file - I dont even know what this file is??

Hi Naz,

This week end I had a chance to look into this tool. The xpo with private project consists about 10 objects. Out of this 2 objects are modifications to standard Ax objects (ClassFactory class and Administration menu).

If there are no customisation on these two objects, then you can safely remove this tool by deleting xpo.

FYI - for import into layers like VAR, CUS etc you should have license key. If you are a customer, then when you purchase development license you will receive CUS and VAR lience keys.

Regards,

any way take a backup of your application file for safety…