Sales Invoice ### Already Exists

Greetings

A client of mine is having a problem posting two sales invoices. Whenever he tries posting (F11) the invoice, an information dialog box appears stating that the sales invoice already exist.

I have checked Posted Invoice, checked the Sales Invoice Header and Sales Invoice Line; the Invoice number does not appear, indicating that the sales invoice has not been posted.

What could be the problem causing this, and how can it be resolved, apart from amending the invoice number prior to posting.

It might help to know what he error message is. It sounds like you have a number series issue, but your explanation is somewhere between confusing and wrong.

Check in Sales header table

Check Field Posting No If it has some value then remove it and then try to post it.

Error Message is Sales Invoice ##### already exists, yet sales invoice header and sales invoice line does not have that sales invoice number.

Thanks AMOL, I will check that and let you know.

Without knowing what the error message is, it’s all just guess work. But maybe you will get lucky.

Hi David

Error Message is Sales Invoice ##### already exists, yet sales invoice header and sales invoice line does not have that sales invoice number.

Since its not a standard Navision error message, I just assumed you got the error message wrong sorry. This means it must be custom code, or maybe some localization error. You will need to use the debugger to find it or talk to who ever wrote the code. In any case, there is no point asking about custom code unless you can give some back ground to what the modification is supposed to do.

purchase rcpt header no. already exits error show when i post purchase order

Ashneil what does #### means in the error.

Check in Purchase Header table for Posting Recpt No

Remove old value and post.

I have the same issue (some what same), when we check the sales header table, we can see that there is a Invoice number for that particular Sales order, but not for the other sales orders.

Error message come when invoicing the sales order, and yest error message is triggered from the code unit (std)

Any suggestions ?