Report rendering error on Dynamics NAV 2009 RDLC report

I have previously had this error:

Rendering output for the report failed and the following error occurred : An error occurred during rendering of the report.

The previous time it was for creating the report. Back then I got the report to work, after I figured out it has something to do with the logo in the report.The logo is now embedded into the report and works fine when printing the report manually.

But now when some users run it via a function used to create an pdf-email, then it fails with the above error. Most of the users have no problem running the function. They are all running it from the same terminal server.

Could it be metadata or do you have any other ideas what could be wrong?

Hey Erik,

I encountered the same error and for this I backup the object and delete it form object designer and then import the object again and complied

It works.

Hi Amol,

You were right! Thank you! [:)]

I had actually already assumed that it could be something in that direction. But I only tried to recompile the object. And that was not enough. I had to delete the object and reimport it. Maybe it’s to reset the metadata, or something like that.

Well I’m sorry to say that it only fixed the problem partly. It worked fine yesterday for most users, but there were still a few users getting the same error. But today some of the users, were it worked yesterday after the delete/upload, are having the same error again today! [:(]

I think there might be problem with Report Header Part

May be you have used Text box instead of Table Header.

Mostly this problem occurs with header Part of report.

Hello Amoi.

I found a solution that helped me. Check this out. It was not obvious but the Event Viewer gave me the idea.

http://www.capricorndynamics.com/Home/?p=66