Remove OK button from Page

Hello Experts,

As per default Page design we will always find OK button on Page . But as per client requirement we need to remove OK button from a Page. Can somebody tell me how can I achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

Can I ask why your customer is wanting this? Or in other words: what’s against having that button?

There are plenty of reasons NOT to have the OK button!

Some are mentioned here:

http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=36379&hilit=ok+button

It’s like just user wants to update some information and he wants update button in Action Pane and If Ok button is exist on that page than you can understand that it might be some misunderstanding over there… Am I true or not?

one more question Can we change the caption of OK button?

The standard buttons in the footer of a Page (OK, Close, Yes, No etc.) is defined and based on what type of Page it is. It is different buttons depending on what PageType it is e.g. List and Cards have OK buttons and ConfirmationDialog have both a Yes and a No button and so on. These fixed standard buttons and the case that you are not able to switch them on and off are a UX decision that was made for NAV 2009.

As Thomas Martin also is mentioning this is very much discussed elsewhere and Microsoft do have very much focus on how and where to improve the designer experience for Pages… this also include these standard buttons on Pages. But as it is now for NAV 2009 you can’t modify these standard buttons you are mentioning.

Per Reitzel