Purchase invoice date for posting AX 2012

We went live on AX 2012 at the end of October and have just been through our first month-end. Now in December, we have received some November dated invoices which we want to post into December as we have closed the November month. If we enter the Nov invoice date, it wants to post the invoice into November which is closed, as I said; if we enter a December invoice date, then the payment due date is wrong. I cannot understand why we cannot post into the Dec month with a Nov invoice date.

Anybody else come across this issue?

Set the posting date to December and the document date to the November date - the payment will run form the document date (please test this first in your environment).

That is the reason i always suggest to my users do the soft close only , not hard close .

Any way you can follow the steven’s suggestion to overcome the your problem.

Hi - I have the same problem. We have to issue VAT ledgers monthly, so - I’ve closed November but have a September invoice that should enter the December ledger.

When I do this in the Invoice journal and enter Invoice date - 30.09 but the journal date is (let’s say) today, the invoice enters the December VAT ledger with date 30.09.2013. That I cannot do in PO. Can you tell me how can I do that?

I’m surprised on why your monthly periods are being closed soon after the month is closed…it’s not a best practice.

I think the VAT will go into the December month only, you can’t correct it in my view.

OK - my mistake. Not closing the period as in Axapta cloing, but ment - closing as we’ve sent the monthly VAT documents to the government, so the period is “closed” for further VAT entries.

Anyway - the software engineers did it - it was something for our localization

AP > Setup > Accounts payable parameters > Invoice tab > uncheck “Use document date for vendor invoices”.