Project management and accounting AX2012 R2 CU6

Hi …

This question isn’t urgent as I am only looking at using Project management for an internal project I have at this stage.

Question …

Why can you NOT create a sales order to a project ID (type is time and material) when the project ID has a project contract associated with it that has multiple funding sources ??
The reason why I like the idea of using the sales order to issue items to a project is that trade agreements work along with charges, using the item requirements form to issue items … these don’t work.

I found this blog useful BTW … http://patrikluca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/about-registering-item-consumption-on.html

One of the reasons that I thought of was the fact that it would be difficult to ascertain which account to issue to / apply trade agreements at sales order line level (plus all the delivery details etc) … then I had another thought … the multiple funding sources has funding rules, these rules are associated with an activity number.
The activity number links the funding rules, funding sources back to the account customer so it ‘should’ be possible to apply trade agreements / pick and deliver to the correct customer, at line level when issuing to an activity number.
I am aware of the complexity of split billing rules, pre-payments etc … that this may bring, however that is ‘normally’ at the invoicing stage not at the issue / delivery stage …

Anyway, I would appreciate comments and thoughts at some point please

Many thanks my friends …