Problems with restore database SQL server

I have a problem with the restore of a database with sql server. When I try to make it this the client of Navision for SQL Server simply abort without showme any error message. Hopefully, Somebody can help me Thanking you all in advance

If You tell us the error message it’s eaiser to help You [;)]

Hehe Lars, he specifically says, that there was no errormessage…[;)] Anyway Mario - most likely something is wrong with the backup - have you tried restoring into a native database?

Sorry. Must go and get new glasses I guess…

SV we don´t have troubles at restoring into a native database, the problem is only with SQL, can you help us? Thanks

What version of Navision? I assume you have tried an uninstall/reinstall of the client, and an alternative SQL Server (e.g. an MSDE installation).

I think its because the new version database is much bigger(Check No. of objects) than earlier ones. Happenned with us also. Solutions: 1. Try partial restore(First Application Objects, then Co. Data etc.) 2. Restore directly from a Navision Client on Server M/c. It sometimes happen that while creating indexes, you feel that the System isn’t working/responding but actually the process is on in the Server. Hope this helps.

Did anyone come up with a solution to this problem? I have same problem and have tried the same things as suggested without luck. It is a Attain 360, 150 GB database on a SQL2000 with 35 companies. I have even tried to delete a (test)company in the database and tried to restore it again without success. Any solutions / suggestions?? Br Kristoffer