Problem with page length on Matrix dot printer…

Hi! I have some problem with an OKI 390 dot matrix printer and Navision. The papers are 12” and the printer is setup for 12” paper, so when I do a Form Feed a whole paper is feed correct.[:)] The problem are when I print from Navision 3.60, the printing are stopped 1 cm above the perforation on the paper.[:(!] I have tried to change the paper length property in report design, and the paper length in printer drive setup. (German std. Fanfold 8,5 * 12”). But the result is the same. I’m using OKI ML printer driver. [?]Any suggestion, please advice! I have search the forum, but don’t found any good answer!

Per: What happens if you send a FF (FormFeed) from another application? (MS Word for example) Do you get a correct form feed on the printer? If not look at the preferences of your printer driver. Regards Alarich

quote:

Originally posted by Alarich
Per: What happens if you send a FF (FormFeed) from another application? (MS Word for example) Do you get a correct form feed on the printer? If not look at the preferences of your printer driver. Regards Alarich

I was testing printing from Word with printer paper German std. fanfold 8,5 *12 " And I got the same result, it’s stoped 1 cm before perforation.[xx(] Which preferences should I change?

Per: That´s a problem for me to guide you to this because I use a german Windows. In German the appropriate property is “Geräteeinstellungen” (maybe Device Parameters in english). There you can select among different paper sizes. Good luck! Regards Alarich

I solved the problem, by chainging to IBM Proprinter printer drive. Now work the Paper Lenght correct.[:D] I just hate Dot Matrix printer…[8]

But I still have problem to choose a font that work fast on the printer! The printer a printing every line twice… Any idée?

Typically, most dot matrix printers have draft, normal, or so-called high-quality. Check the printer driver settings (you are probably using the IBM Proprinter drivers as a generic), and see if it allows you to change the quality settings depending on what you need. You can also use the Generic/Text Only print driver as well. If those don’t work, try the actual printer settings on the printer itself, you may be able to change it there. The last resort would be to devise a way to send escape codes to the printer, but you should be able to get what you want without resorting to this step.

I use Generic Text Printer with an OKI ML390 and it works really fast. Regards,

And you don’t have any problem with paper lenght?

And you don’t have any problem with paper lenght?

No i don’t have a length paper problem if i use text driver. When i first use generic 9 pin driver, i had the problem. Regards,

Per: When using the appropriate printer driver for a matrix printer, Windows doesn´t care for the fonts implemented in this printer. Windows sends all printing stuff as a bitmap to the printer. That´s the reason matrix printer are that slow with Windows. Using a generic text printer driver, you gain speed but you loose control on the appearance of the text you are printing. When printing outputs from a report you can no longer rely on the width and heights of your text boxes because Windows has no idea about the width, the kerning and so on. That might be okay for lists but I think it will drive you crazy if you want to apply a more complex report. Regards Alarich