Prepayment AX2009 Accounts Payable

Hello there - Please assist.

Could you please indicate the steps on how to PREPAY a VENDOR before the goods are received into our warehouse?

Do I create a PO first? Then go to Journals/Payments/Payment Journal and on the Payment tab make sure the Prepayment box is checked? Any pre-setting? Then what?

Many thanks!

Janete

No answer to my post yet…if you know the steps kindly let me know. Thank you very much. I think mainly I need to know how to apply the prepayment to the PO now. I tried a negative misc charge to the PO header but can’t seem to link it. When I invoice the PO it invoices for the whole thing. How can I apply the invoice that was used in the prepayment?

Steps you mentioned are correct, In AX 2009 there is no linking available for PO to Prepayment.

Thank you for the reply. I understand that there is no link between Prepayment and PO. However, I now have a PO which is about to be invoiced. The vendor has already been paid the 50% down. How do I apply this payment against the PO before the PO gets invoiced?

This will be treated as normal payment from the system perspective. At the time of invoicing you can settle the payment.

There is an option available for settle the payment on PO Header buttons.

Thanks Sachin. Let me take a look at those options then.

Regards,

Janete