Posting Purchase Order Invoices in Batch Form

We are “importing” accounts payable invoices from an external workflow program. It is simple to write the accounts payable invoice information into an accounts payable invoice journal “behind the scenes”, then have the user go into AX and post the journal. AX does the validation and then posts the journal to the proper ledger accounts, etc.

We have the need to “import” purchase order invoices, but I cannot find a way to post them in “batch” or “journal” form. If you post an invoice on the purchase order details screen, manually, then it posts to all of the applicable inventory ledgers, etc. when you click the OK button.

Question: Is there any way to post a purchase order invoice into a batch of some sort?

You can post by batch in the periodic section, but it will still post to all the applicable inventory ledger accounts.

You mean the inventory ledgers should not get updated with this?

I want to write the invoice information into the purchase order tables and have the “posting” happen in batch form.

Then import them into the purchase tables, flag them as imported, then in periodic setup a batch routine to invoice all orders with teh flag set and run this overnight. Each night you can then import them and post them as a batch.

Sounds like it. Do you know which field would flag it as “imported” or is it a field that I would setup and tell the periodic job to look for it?

I would create a new field on the table that is visible but non-editable to the user, this ensures all imported orders are populated by the process, the user can filter them out or in, and the batch routine can run based upon it being set.