Post invoices in the Invoice approval journal form ax2012

Dear All,

In invoice approval joural after getting the voucher using find voucher

In line item one line amoutn is not updating automatically , each and every time after get the find voucher i am select the ledger account mannual is it possible to get the ledger account automatically .here

You can not get it automatically, you will need to fill it manually.

Yes, this is possible.

In AX2012 against the supplier the invoice is to be registered for, go to the main supplier account and then the invoice tab. Next press the default accounts button and chose the appropriate account. Now create a new invoice approval journal, retrieve the voucher and you should see that the cost account has automatically been populated.

Hope this helps!

Jon

Dear Jonathan Smyth,

Can you explain in detail how its possible

Thanks

Here is how you do it in AX 2012 R2:

a) Go to the Vendor Account from AP>Common>Vendors

b) Select the Specific Vendor and Click on Edit

c) On the VendTable Form Go to Invoice Tab on the top

d) Click on Setup>Default Account

e) Select a Default Account from the Right and push it to Left and then Click on Set as Default Account.

f) Go to Invoice Approval Journal, You should be able to see the account getting defaulted.

Hi Jonathan ,

Can i know when we use the above functionality in busniess environment ?

Hi Ameen,

Sure, quite a few companies in the UK use the invoice register as a way of recording the arrival of supplier purchase invoices, but hold the invoices so they cannot be paid / settled until they have been approved. Some organisations use the invoice pool for this where the invoice is supported by a purchase order, but sometimes you do not have a purchase order and the invoice just turns up. Think of gas bills, electricity bills, etc., where the amount is variable based upon consumption within the month.

To approve the purchase invoice in this scenario, the customer typically uses an invoice approval journal. The original registered invoice is retrieved and the person approving the invoice can choose the profit and loss cost account to which this purchase should be coded. Usually the cost account for a given supplier is fixed, perhaps in the example of the electricity supplier and in this example the purchase ledger manager might set up a default account against the suppliers account. When processing an invoice approval journal, AX will automatically select the pre defined account, rather than the user having to select an account. The benefit is a reduction in coding errors and an increase in efficiency when processing invoices.

I hope this helps your understanding.

Regards Jon

Very good explanation [:D]

want some more detail about this…

Agile Project Management

I’m not sure of the relevance of the agile link to this specific question about purchase invoices, but thanks anyway.