Possible to modify a document awaiting approval

We have set up a workflow in NAV2016 that requires users to request approval before they can convert a quote to into a sales order, but often times it is the approving manager that decides the final price, not the user submitting the document for approval; however, the approving user (the sales manager) is complaining that when the document is awaiting approval they can not modify the document, they must first reject it, edit it (with the final prices), and then request the user to resubmit it for approval, which delays the process. Is there a standard method I am missing for how the approving user could modify the document without needing to reject it in order to approve it. This is my first time setting up a workflow and I am thinking I have likely missed something obvious here.

Thanks!

You are not missing anything here, that’s the way the system is designed, once you send a document for approval you should not be able to modify the document. If you allow the user to modify then the entire purpose of approval is broken. If user has to modify any field then he or she should cancel the document make the necessary changes and then send it back for approval. As per delays in approval have first approver and delegate approver which should resolve this issue, if both the approver’s are not available they you are out of luck.

You are not missing anything here, that’s the way the system is designed, once you send a document for approval you should not be able to modify the document. If you allow the user to modify then the entire purpose of approval is broken. If user has to modify any field then he or she should cancel the document make the necessary changes and then send it back for approval. As per delays in approval have first approver and delegate approver which should resolve this issue, if both the approver’s are not available they you are out of luck.