NAV 2016 Workflow: How to bypass the approval process on certain customers?

Currently I have a workflow that sends all Sales Orders to acct for approval.

How to configure a workflow that would allow certain customers to bypass the approval process?

As Far as i Know, You need to customize Standard NAV Workflow.
I have not tried but it seems simple, Give it a try like -

1. Add a New field on customer & Sales Header , skip approval (boolean). [Sales header will have this field editable - false).
  2. Whenever a new Sales order is created pass the value from bill to customer to Sales Header for new field using Code in Sales Header.
  3. in the workflow template for approval change the condition in First workflow step.
  4. Current Value - Document Type: Order, Status: Open
  5. New Value - Document Type: Order, Status: Open, Skip Approval = TRUE.

In Codeunit 414 Function perform manual Release change code like
OLD
IF ApprovalsMgmt.IsSalesApprovalsWorkflowEnabled(SalesHeader) AND (SalesHeader.Status = SalesHeader.Status::Open) THEN
NEW
IF ApprovalsMgmt.IsSalesApprovalsWorkflowEnabled(SalesHeader) AND (SalesHeader.Status = SalesHeader.Status::Open) AND (SalesHeader.SkipApproval = FALSE) THEN

IN Report 296 onAfterGetRecord -
OLD -
IF ApprovalsMgmt.IsSalesApprovalsWorkflowEnabled(“Sales Header”) OR (Status = Status::“Pending Approval”) THEN
NEW -
IF (ApprovalsMgmt.IsSalesApprovalsWorkflowEnabled(“Sales Header”) AND (SalesHeader.SkipApproval = FALSE)) OR (Status = Status::“Pending Approval”) THEN

Give it a try, I am assuming this should work. Let me know how it goes.

This is what my workflow looks like now. I’m needing to add customer no# equals 10309, 122345, and 17890 then release the Sales Order instead of requesting Approval. Any help would be appreciated.

When Event:
Approval of a sales document is requested
Condition: Document Type: Order, Status Open
Response: Add record restriction, Set document status to Pending Approval, Create an approval request for the record using approver type Approver and approver limit type Approver Chain,
Send approval request for the record and create a notification.

Event: An approval request is approved
Condition: Pending Approvals: 0
Response: Remove record Restriction, Release the document

Event: An approval request is approved
Condition: Pending Approvals: >0
Response: Send approval request for the record and create a notification.

Event: An approval request is rejected
Condition: Always
Response:Reject the approval request for the record and create a notification, Reopen the Document

Event: An approval request for a sales document is canceled.
Condition: Document Type: Order, Status: Pending Approval
Response: Cancel the approval request for the record and create a notification, Remove the record Restriction
Reopen the document, Show message “The approval request for the record has been canceled.”.

Event: An approval request is delegated.
Condition: Always
Response: Send approval request for the record and create a notification.

Hi,
That is what i am suggesting on the above answer -
Try to customization and Mark skip approval (boolean)for these customers - 10309, 122345, and 17890.
Once this is true and you do other changes i don’t think you should have any issues.