Planned Production Order (dynamic)

Good day!

I am confused why AX is giving me Planned Production Order with the word “(dynamic)”. What does this mean?

I have created an FG with three sub-bom. The operation for second sub-bom is outsourced thus i created the workcenter type as vendor. Raw Mats are sent to the subcon for the said operation. The first and third operations are set to work center type “machine” since its done internally.

When running master planning, the usual explosion I have has the status “planned production order”. However, when running the FG with subcon, what i got is “planned production order (dynamic)” for all three sub-bom.

Maybe someone knows why this thing happens.

Thanks in advance!

The (dynamic) is used as a pegging tool - you cannot firm it from memory. It is used when the BOM line has been set to “Production” or “Vendor” or “Phantom” to indicate that there will be referenced production/purchases created. These are however only created when the parent is firmed and moved passed the created stage so it uses them as a pegging tool in case the referenced production orders require stock etc.