Payment Journal total issue

Hi All

here i have attached the payment journal, in which i have the transaction between the vendor and the customer, and at total i have the different figures. I believe when we are making the total the system check the Customer/ Vendor Code only and make the total, it is not checking the account type whether it is customer or vendor, here i have the same code for the vendor and the customer. May be due to that i am facing the problem.

Please comment:

Imran , you are asking all the functional related questions , but why you are posting under AX - Technical forum.

I suggest you post under AX -End user forum , then you would get the more answers from the functional team also.

Comment on what? You have created a journal, it looks like it will balance, the totals are per account reference not type as you are using a payment journal this would be expected. If it posts and you have created it how you want what is the issue? If however you are trying to offset a vendor/customer that is the same I would not use a payment journal.

The journal is balance but i have the problem in the totals, here what i want to know is, why it is not as per the voucher, what i notice here is it summing up the values based on the codes (vendor /customer). What i want to know is, if i have the same code for the vendor and customer it should give me the total separately. I think it is just checking the codes and summing up the amount not checking the account type.

Any comments Experts

I think what system is showing is correct as per Journal batch number. To show the difference based on vendor/customer codes, you create another journal line with batch number (QIRM-000034) for vendor and check the totals.

Kiran, if you see the journal i have the vendor and customer code same, my question is, is the system summing the totals based on the codes only or is it validating the account type also. I think as per the journal output the system just checking the code and summing up.

Yes the report is running per code only, but it is not usual to use a payment journal to do this. If you want the output to change design the report. Otherwise post it and it will post how you want it to post. The report shows the balance per vendor or customer because AX does not expect you to mix customer and vendor on this journal.

Why we cannot mix customer or vendor on the single journal…