ODBC and BLOBS

Hi Guys, Can’t seem to find a good answer on the forum so thought i’d post this query and see if anyone can come up with an answer. I am using C/ODBC and connecting from one navision database to another navision database. I am using ‘Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.7 Library’ automation from within Navision. Now, in the first Navision databse i am connecting into another Navision database and trying to retrieve the contents of a BLOB field via the ODBC. I then want to save that BLOB in the database that connected to the other database. Hope all that makes sense… So basically tranferring a BLOB from one database to another via the automation and ODBC i just mentioned… Any ideas? Cheers, Ade

Well never tried but yes if one can trasfer data of the Normal fields then why not Blob.

Has anybody actually tried, and can anyone actually answer my question… I don’t mean to be rude but i’m having a stress day… [}:)]

Actually we have tried to write from an external software to a Navision-table which contains a blobfield via ODBC. If the blobfield is empty, there are no problems. But if we write a record with a filled blobfield an error occurs. [xx(] Now we will use cfront to manage this.[:D] Greetings, Frank