New user group that can only create sales orders

Trying to created a new AX 4.0 security group that can ONLY create sales orders.

I changed these from NO ACCESS to CREATE, yet AX still doesn’t let the group create sales orders. Is there a secret to making this easy?

Type Module Item
Menu item Accounts receivable Sales order
Security Accounts receivable Tables > Sales order
Security Accounts receivable Miscellaneous > Create release order

Hi,

You can use the Security profiler to check which security key you must activate. If the tool is not installed, you can download it to the following link:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/emeadaxsupport/archive/2010/05/25/ax-2009-securityprofiler-tool.aspx

use: start the profiler, create your sales order, stop the profiler, a form will open with all security key used.

Regards,

Thomas

You know, I’ve seen that before but was always leery about trying it. Nevertheless, it provided all the necessary keys to make it happen. Just wish it would tell you which level of access was needed for each key so I could set the minimum level necessary with confidence.

Thanks a lot man!

Just for anyone who might need a quick reference, here are the keys to create a sales order in AX 4.0.

Parent Security Key

Security Key

Object requiring permissions

Accounts payable

Tables

Purchase table

Accounts receivable

Tables

Sales orders

Accounts receivable

Tables

Order lines

Accounts receivable

Tables

Sales/purchase references

Accounts receivable

Daily

Sales order

Basic

Tables

Inventory dimensions

Inventory management

Tables

Item table

Inventory management

Tables

Warehouses

Inventory management

Tables

On-hand inventory

Inventory management

Tables

Locations

Well, set overall create access on the tables then go into the tables and reduce to view where the user should not hav Edit / Create access on the individual fields.

For example :- Set overall Create access on Purchase Table, then expand the Purchas Table node, and reduce fields to View only where required.

Also, security profiler is handy but won’t be to track certain forms / tables / classes, for this purpose it should be okay though…