Navision Documentation

Hi all, I really need your helps on this matter. Our External Auditor will do the system auditing soon and they require us to provide the following documentations from Navision Attain 3.6 and I have no idea how to provide the information: - System flow documentation. - Database specification. - Table relationship and description. - File description and spesification. - Report decription and specification. - System manual, installation, and implementation. Actually I have created some flows for Sales & Receivables, Purchase & Payables a while ago (even it’s not even finished yet) and it took so much time to finish. I also have contacted our NSC asking about the above requisitions but they said they don’t have it. We only have “System manual, installation, and implementation” from Navision Financials 2.50 and it’s no longer relevant for the Auditor’s requisitions. Hopefully, somebody can help me. Thanking you all in advance. Panca

Hi Panca Some of the information that you need is in the Application Designers Guide which should be in the Doc sub directory of the Installation CD. Microsoft no longer publish Application Documentation. You are expected to use the help files. I believe it is possible to purchase the documentation that they give out on the Application Courses that they run. Regards

Good luck… That documentation will have to be self developed or put together by your NSC… Anyways that beyond the scope of any audit I’ve very seen… Why are they looking for that much detail??? Robert

Good Luck for Searching. Why do you use a prooved System, when your auditor proof it again ? In Germany no one will get the idea to proof navision.

Hi David, thank you for the input. I’ll take a look on that. I am not too sure, why they are asking for that. I believe it relates to the Lender. Anyway, it seems I have to sacrifice my self to provide the information. Thanks, Panca