Navision 2.60.C C/Side files for 2.60.B sql migration

Hi Travis,

Of course there is a legal way to upgrade the license. But for the customer that means buying a new! And I’m not really kidding!

The other legal way is to pay a Navision partner or freelancer (who has a legal development license) to do it for you, as suggested above.

I think the wheels just came off your wagon. [8-|]

I have an idea that may work within the given parameters, but I want to prove the theory before I post it.

In the meantime, maybe you can get your employers to loosen up on that ‘outsiders’ restriction?

Hi Travis, no luck on the idea I was working on. I thought we might be able to rename the company by adding CRONUS to the beginning of the name, and then work with it using the demo license that comes with the install disks. But the size limits for the database under that license are really small, so you wouldn’t be able to open your db. Sorry.

It’s okay, thanks for the effort though. I’m still working out a way to get around the license, it sounds almost stupid to buy a new license and upgrade just so you can get rid of something.

I’m considering putting an old version of windows server up and installing a copy of sql 7…

Travis,

Just be aware that if your current license doesn’t include a license for running it on SQL Server, then you will not gain anything by installing SQL Server 7.

Another option Travis would be to create dataports within NAV (of course, provided you have the license for it) to export the data you need to text files, and then use SQL scripts to import the data into your own SQL tables. It’s a lot more labor-intensive that some of your other options, but it would be something you could do entirely on your own.