NAV2009 Marketing Beta

Yes, its me, I’m not dead. Though I doubt any of you noticed :wink: Anyhow, the new Nav2009 marketing beta, can we discuss it on here now? I see no NDA hanging over it, MIBUSO is chatting about it and I wanted to talk to come peeps about some questions I have. /T

Hi Tony, yes I did notice you were incognito for a while. The marketing beta can be talked about, it’s in the public now. For the details of how you can use it, read the blurb on the download page, but we can freely talk about it now.

we’ll i’ll start with the first question about it :slight_smile:

I WAS NOT ABLE TO FIND THE 3D PLANNING SCREEN SHOWN IN THE FLASH DEMO!!!

for the delayed supplies

Because that demo was not NAV2009

I understood it was “the dynamics client”. Something like “where we would like to go to”. The 3D graph was a nice user control to show it’s possible to use custom user controls in the client. Too bad this was removed from the scope … so custom (visible) user controls can’t be used in this release (and probably not in the next release either). From when it was removed, the 3D graph was not shown in any demo anymore… . This is only what I understood and remember… .

Well, I’m gonna start with a negative. I opened up the VPC, and I created a new Sales Order, I went to the Sell-To Customer No., clicked the down arrow (Wow, liking the list) let me start entering the customer name… oh, that doesn’t work :frowning: So I assume the property “AltSearchField” is not implemented in the new version? And the list is not “Smart” so its not filtering down the customers… I think that would be neat, just intuitively thats what I did. No dice. So next I went back to the Classic client and followed the same procedure, not sure its working there either. Saying that my test was very quick, and I haven’t been able to run the VPC again just yet to verify. Otherwise, loving the new client, awesome with the 3 tier client, the work flow is there with role centers. Looks good! T

Okay, So I did some investigation… okay I came across this blog and read it completely rather than just browsed. You can “nearly” do the searching thing… Wanted to make sure I corrected myself where needed T http://blogs.msdn.com/clausl/archive/2008/09/21/new-drop-down-window-in-microsoft-nav-2009-using-fields-groups.aspx

Good to see you got settled after the move, and good to see you back with us.

How is Canada? You like the red headed step daughters I see. [;)]