NAV display yyyy instead of YY

eventhough my date format in the control panel is DD/MM/YYYY, the year is displayed as YY (only 2 digits)

unless the posting date is starting from 01/01/2030, it is shown as YYYY

is there a way to display all the time the 4 digits relative to the year?

This is Navision’s standard. You have to manually change the format on all reports and forms if you need it to be like YYYY.

i meant to see date values in the forms, such as journals and entry tables

It is “only” when using years from 1930 till 2029; outside that range NAV shows 4 digits.

I would like the possibility to decide that myself…

If the year is between 1930 to 2029, then it will be shown in 2 digits otherwise in 4 digits.

Yes and you can change the format manually by changing the value of the “Format” property of the date fields.

Example you can just enter: <Day,2>-<Month,2>- then you dates are displayed as DD-MM-YYYY

And you might also be able to do the change as a general change directly in FIN.STX - but it might require that you need to have the file “locked” by Microsoft to support it (or someone else who knows how to do this)

that works :slight_smile:

thanks

A friend of Mine gave me a much quicker solution:

go to control Panel==>Regional Settings

in the date tab, there is a section called “calendar”

when a 2 digit year is entered, interpret it as …

it is set to be from 1929 till 2029

reduce the value to 2000 for ex and things in NAV will become just fine :slight_smile:

You just have to remember that changing the regional settings only have effect on that particullar PC.
If you want this to be “global” you have to make the same change on each and every PC that connects.

The solution with formatting how date are shown, works “out of the box” for all users, regardless of local settings.

Hy Romeo

With this case how can I do it?

FORMAT(“Purchase Header”.“Document Date”,0,4)

Thanks

i’m not sure how to describe the solution,

but you can try one of the given solutions given in this page (either the control panel on each PC or the format)