Mandatory license plate

Hi,

I am facing with the following problem:

the Warehouse Work for a sales order determines from which location “select”. The location is LP-controlled. The location has multiple pallets (= license plates) at the same time. If I try to pick a license plate whose content is not the same product to the Work line, the system doesn’t let me to choose it. However, if I choose a License plate whose content is the same reference but not the same quantity, the system let me to do the “short pick”.

I want the system to allow me to pick a license plate only if the product and quantity match with the ones of the Work. Anyone knows how can I do it?

Thanks in advance!

In my opinion, what you are wanting the system to do what I do not believe you can configure as standard. There’s an underlying reason for this. The system expects if you are license plate tracking, that what you’re receiving and moving are full pallets of product. If you are going to be working with less than full pallets, it would typically expect you to pick those out of a non-license plate controlled area. Keep in mind that when you ship the product, you will be building license plates that reflect what specifically is on the pallets you are shipping. One other way to control this, would be to control this for your reservation logic. Reservation would try to reserve a full pallet should it exist. Part of the problem the earlier version had is that it was reserving the whole pallet even when only part of the pallet was required.

There may be a way to do what you’re looking for, but I doubt it.