Pallet vs License plate printing and scanning labels

Hi,

there are two tables related to generate a number of a physical pallet: “Pallet”, inventory management module, and “License plate”, in warehouse management module.

Anyone know if there is any relation between them? I want to generate and print the label with the pallet number when the production is posted in a warehouse which has not run with the “use of warehouse management process”. Afterwards, with a transfer journal the stock is moved to a warehouse where the “use of warehouse management is enable”. Can I scan the label generated at the production warehouse? Or it is mandatory to generate another label with the license plate? What possibilities do I have?

Thanks!!

They are not compatiable features, you cannot set the license configuration to have WMSII (pallets) and WHS (LP) on at the same time. There is no relation between them because they cover the same functionality but in different features of the software. LP is a pallet by another name, so if you need to track it and get a label I question why “use of warehouse management process” is not selected.

Thanks AdamRoue. Im working in Contoso where the two licenses are enabled. This must be the problem.

Thanks

You are on an early version of AX2012, and if you look at the license configuration there should be a message telling you not to turn both on.