Login Problem Urgent..!!!

Hi…all… My client is using Navision 3.6 with SQL Database. The situation is when they are using windows login it runs perfectly…But when they created datbase login and try to connect it. It will give error mesage that login name and password is invalid though it is perfect in SQL. Can anyone help me… Thnx in advance… Sachin…

I presume you let them check if Capslock or/and Numlock are off? You probably did. But to make sure. [:D]

…and you also did include the database user in the security setup (users) within Navision… after creating the db users in Navision you sync with sql users… Saludos Nils

thnx you all… I did it but still i couldnt find the solution of that…Actually what happen after entering username and password it will allow me to select database name from list (Database list will Open). In case of wrong username and password it wont but it will allow me to select database from list and after selecting database when i press OK that error comes…so i dont think there will be error of username and password syncronization with Navision…error can be something else… Sachin

Do you have any customisation attached on the Main Menu which is validating the Windows Logins table.

Check the Security tab in Enterprise Manager for the Properties of your SQL Server. Does it allow both Windows and SQL logins?

Have you checked the database access in Enterprise manager for specific logins? It seems that you logins are created in SQL server but they are not allowed to access Navision database. Make sure that you have Navision database checked (with public access) in Enterprise Manager - Security - Logins - [you login here] - Properties window Database access tab.

Hi Sachin, if the last solution didn’t work … try to remove the password from the Enterprise manger to make null . Sychronize your navision then try to enter with Null password . Good Luck