Lifecycle Services System Diagnostic Invalid Certificate

I am trying to get this installed on a test system and when I run the installer it generates the certificate successfully. I can then upload it to the website but when I click Next in the installer it throws an error indicating “Invalid certificate”. Another co-worker tried on a different test system with the same problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Have you set everything up? Do you get any more details (maybe in the event log)?

Yes, everything else has been setup correctly.

The error message is being thrown during the execution of the installation/setup of the service so I’m not sure what logs to check but I’ll check and see if I can find any errors.

The dialog box says “Specify the valid certificate to authenticate Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services System Diagnostic Service.”

The answers in the parallel thread on another server suggest that the problem may be caused by executing the .msi file instead of Setup.exe.

I had this problem and this was a permissions issue which we were eventually able to resolve. I currently am now one step further but failing with “BC.Net: Unable to log into Microsoft Dynamics AX.” when testing permissions in environment discovery. The event log is throwing error:

Event xmlns=“http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event”>

0x80000000000000

Application

EMDC1DEN05-0.axdev.loc

6.0:

Unable to connect to an Application Object Server. A company name or server name may not be specified correctly in the client configuration, or the server specified may not be available.

I have refreshed the service and this seems to work but still getting the same error and stuck because without this cannot collect data

Please tell us more about your configuration. For example, have you follow the advice in the documentation saying “If more than one environment is to be discovered, the .Net Business Connector proxy account must be the same for each server that is running a Microsoft Dynamics AX Application Object Server (AOS) instance.”?

I am also receiving the error:

BC.NET: Unable to log on to Microsoft Dynamics AX

The client launches sucessfully on the machine, I have even granted the BC account Admin access to the AOS and SQL boxes and within SQL itself. The same account also runs the LCS service.

I only have one environment installed.

On a side note we didn’t have the Business Connector installed initially yet I still go the same errors. Does anyone have any ideas on what to try?

Thanks