Landed cost for Outbound Transportation

Hi all,
can i use landed costs to manage all my oubound costs incurred when i shipped my goods overseas. I dont want to use Warehouse management system
what is the difference with Transportation management besides the fact that to use Transporation , you need WMS?
Tks

Howdy Bof.

In general, Landed Cost is not used for outbound costs, unless you also control the Receipt warehouse (i.e., to use Landed Cost for a shipment, you must be doing the Receipt into a facility you control). If you were shipping it to a customer and you are also doing the Receiving for them in their warehouse, you could use LC, but generally it’s not for outbound logistics.

Regarding the use of Landed Cost without WMS, this does appear to be an option:
Dynamics 365 Advanced Warehouse process with Landed Cost – Dyanamics Post (dynamicspost.com).

Regarding the differences between LC and TMS, hopefully this documentation is helpful:
Landed cost vs. Transportation management - Supply Chain Management | Dynamics 365 | Microsoft Learn

If there is some follow-up question or clarification feel free to share that.

Kind Regards
Edison

Also you dont need to implement WMS to use TMS.

“Landed Cost”, I would argue, is the cost to get it to the buyer, in this instance it is you. The onward transportation costs is for the next buyer in the chain. As you are referring to them as outbound costs they are not part of a generic landed cost approach.

What do you actually want to do and why?

hi adam,
i need to be able to track all fees related to outbound transactions with transportation. we will also dont want to use WMS now but we need to track all transport In and Out. with a need to use of parcel shipping.
tks