join mode in dynamics ax

Hi

I’m a newbie with dynamics ax .

I haven’t found answers for these questions.

Can you help please!

what join mode should be used for displaying all the master records without a detail record?

what join mode should be used for displaying all the master records with a detail record?

what join mode should be used for displaying all the master records ?

what join mode should be used for displaying all the detail records ?

My understanding is that inner join will only display master records that have a detail record, whereas outer join will display all master records even if they do not have a detail record. You can find more explanations of the various join modes in the developer help under: SDK->Database->Database Queries->How To: Add Multiple Data Sources to a Query

Thank you very much :))))))))

Just wanted to add something here… You should use Exist Join or Not exist join for fetching only master records it will speed up the performance and for master as well as related table record use inner(include only master record which r related ) or outer join(includes all record of master) …

Join source property basically defines how child ds is connected to parent ds.Join ds poperty can have vales are Active , Passive , delayed , Exist Join , Not exist Join , Inner join , Outer Join . you can find out details abt these in AX SDK inside msdn.

Hope it helped !!