Inventory Model group

Hi All

Currently my client is using the "Weighted average " method, now they want to issue their item on FIFO method. Can we use these method at the same time mean for issue of the item we use FIFO.

thanks

You mean to say for all items they required to have the FIFO ?

No. It can’t be possible to use FIFO when costing principle is weighted average. That’s what make difference between different item model.

Pranav…

They can cost on weighted average and issue on FIFO from a stock perspective if they use batch or serial numbers and the numbering is set to numeric and the oldest one is always picked and the dimension group is configured for financial inventory at this level.

Hi Adam

exactly the same i want to implement. Can explain me how can i do this as i am using the weighted average and FIFO for issue the item. And also we setup the batch number.

thanks

Not sure I can explain more as the last post says it all. Dimension group financially costed at batch, auto-number the item, always issue the suggested item (earliest number first). What more is there? [:D]

what i understand is we have to create the new dimension group as we can not edit the older one, then check mark the batch number and against that check mark the financial inventory.

thanks

umm yes but if the business did not batch control the items they would not want to turn this on.