Set up item model group. use W. Avg for valuation and FIFO for inventory issuance

I have to create a item model group. Where i can set up the inventory valuation method Weigthted average and further i want to set up the inventory issuance and receiving on FIFO basis

Hey @Hafsa-aslam - which version are you on?

What do you mean you want to setup the inventory issuance and receiving on FIFO basis. Are you looking for reservations against individual lots, do you use inventory batches, or are you more interested about the costing aspects?

yes i mean, I want to setup the inventory issuance and receiving on FIFO basis. But costing of inventory on Weighted average method basis. I want to set both in one Item model group.

No i am not looking for reservations against individual lots.

No We dont use inventory batches.

i think you’re on track with using weighted average as your costing methodology for your item model group.

as far as the FIFO issuance and receiving, how would you expect that to work? if you’re not using reservations, dynamics doesn’t really care which particular item you pick. also, if you’re not using inventory batches, there’s not really a way to even indicate which item was received first, right? how would you expect to know which physical piece of inventory was received first?