Inventory Closing

Dear friends, I use Weighted Average valuation method. During Inventory Closing, How the system calculates the: 1. Settled Qty, Amount Settled and the Adjustment amount in the settlement window? 2. Settled Qty, Amount Settled and the Adjustment amount in the Item transaction (in Item Master → Transaction)window? When checking the Inventory transaction, how come the settled qty can be in decimal (I never post the item qty in decimals)? 3. When doing Closing/Recalculation, what effect does: Maximum & Minimum Throughputs, Minimum settle qty and amount have? Can any one gave an example on how all this things works? Any helps appreciated. Thanks…

Hi Actually, you are asking quite a lot which goes way beyond this message board. As a start, I would suggest that you take a look on the Technical Information “Axapta Multi User Inventory Closing” from the SP2 CD and “Simulated Inventory Closing” from the Axapta 3.0 Installation CD. Then, also the Trade & Logistics training manual available from Partnersource has many pages about inventory closings.

Hi, can you specify the URL on the partner source? Thanks…

Hi The URL is https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource but you have to be associated with an MBS partner to get access.