Inventory Closing - Transaction Tables

Hi, I’m fairly new to AX and helping my company setup inventory since they initially did the setup on the cheap. I have a couple of questions about inventory close I’m trying to solve for my IT department.

• On a few items after I ran Inventory Closing with Weighted Average Principle, if you look at the inventory transaction history there will be a new line with a reference to “Weighted Average Closing Caluclation” with a dollar value and quantity adjustment. What is this transaction doing and why does it appear on some items and not on others? Should I be seeing this on every item Inventory Close is run. I should mention that the Inventory Close procedure did not complete as it was bogged down.

Thanks,
Jay

Hi Jay,

I leave to try to answer its questions:

What is this transaction doing and why does it appear on some items and not on others?

That transaction adjusts the value of cost of the issue of the items as weighted average principle. The adjust would have to appear to all transaction. The transactions that had not appeared because the value cost already they were correct.

I hope that had helped.

Murilo Oliveira

Jay, their is white paper in customer source. please read it thorughly. It will help you to understand whole logic. otherwise what Murilo has correctly said, it will help you in calculation. it will have one positive another negative entry in your inventory. It means at first it will pull all the receipt transaction between last closure and closing date in a common pool. and then it will calculate weighted average of inventory and will show the same quanntity and amount as isssued and at the same time it will adjust all the sold status transactions.

Thank you for your replies. Now I’m trying to figure out why I get the following in the log when running closing. This is occuring to a number of our items:

Item number: 11-05046-01
Error: Transaction: Transfer 065421_062, lot ID 01266897_060
Unit cost price 0 can be wrong as the transaction cannot be fully settled.

Jay,

You verified in the line of the Transfer Journal the field Unit cost price?

Murilo

Jay,

Now I to get to study the problem well, therefore happened in the base of a customer mine.

It appeared this message for me, when:

• I use the parameter Financial Inventory of the Dimensions Group marked;

• I use the resource Marking and value is open.

If you will have new features on the subject post here.

Thanks,

Murilo Oliveira

Hi,

me too, When I run the Inventory close (Inventory Management>Periodic>Closing and Adjustment>Close Procedure>Close I get hundreds of errors like:

Transaction: Sales order SO-00001, lot ID 1I020000034543
unit cost price 0 can be wrong as the transaction cannot be fully settled.

This is the first time that I have closed the stock and I am not sure if it has something to do with the way I uploaded the initial quantities.

Do other businesses run this on a monthly basis? What other problems have people encountered with this process?

Rgds,

toms