In progress sales order / Pending sales order form

Hi,

I am trying to understand about In progress sales order and Pending sales order status and corresponding forms. As we can see in AX, Sales and marketing → Common → Sales orders → In progress sales order / Pending sales order form. When opened, both these forms to check the pending sales order and In progress sales order i find the form always empty with a default filter on the status showing filter criteria as “ILLEGAL VALUE”.

Question is:

• When will a sales order has a status in progress or pending?

• In standard AX do any of the sales order reaching this status of pending and In progress, so that it can be viewed from these forms?

• Why does the Status field shows "Illegal_Value"on the filter grid?

Please let me know your comments.

Thanks in advance for the time.

The status filter for the Pending Sales Order form is Fulfilled, which I suspect is part of the retail functionality.

These two forms are part of the call center functionality, and are therefore part of an add-on that was purchased by Microsoft and incorporated into the standard product. You’ll see they start with “MCR” which corresponds to Junction Solutions’ (now RSM) Multi-Channel Retail (www.businesswire.com/…/Junction-Solutions-Sells-Multichannel-Retail-Software-Solutions.))

That said, this is probably some holdover Microsoft missed when bringing the functionality in. If I had to guess, the range on the form is incorrectly referencing the standard SalesStatus base enum - it should instead be referencing the “MCRSalesOrderDetailStatus” or something. Inside that enum, there’s an option for “Pending” with a description of “Pending payments”, but I don’t see anywhere on the normal tables where that enum is ever referenced. I think, unfortunately, these two list pages aren’t going to work.

Anyone else have additional context or info? [mention:713992e2cc394574827989c4d4af9bbb:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05] or [mention:64fb33d4ab384f5ebca3050a0d9ca94f:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05] maybe?