how use automation variable in NAV 5.0

When i try to create a global variable of type Automation then show’s an error below

Microsoft Dynamics NAV

‘Automation’ is not an option.

The existing options are:

System, File, TransactionType, InStream, OutStream, Variant, BigText, Dialog, Action,
Codeunit, Form, Record, RecordRef, FieldRef, RecordID, KeyRef, Report, Dataport,
XMLport, Boolean, Option, Integer, Decimal, BigInteger, Char, Text, Code, Date, Time,
Duration, DateTime, Binary, TextConst, DateFormula, GUID

OK

But code unit 6810(EP Request Handler) uses those variables for passing messages through msmq. how can i uses Automatoin Datatype in new code unit.

Name DataType Subtype Length

XMLDocIn Automation ‘Microsoft XML, v3.0’.DOMDocument
XMLDocOut Automation ‘Microsoft XML, v3.0’.DOMDocument
QueueListener Automation ‘NEP Queuehandler’.MessageQueueListener
QueueSender Automation ‘NEP Queuehandler’.MessageQueueWriter

Thanks.

???

Automation is an option in my version of NAV5.0

Do You also get an error when compiling CU 6810?

I compile codeuint 6810, its fine.

But when i try to use Automation variable in new code unit, then its show an error.

What is the error? It may be a license issue that allows you to work with existing Automation variables, bit not create new ones.

The error is :

Microsoft Dynamics NAV

‘Automation’ is not an option.

The existing options are:

System, File, TransactionType, InStream, OutStream, Variant, BigText, Dialog, Action,
Codeunit, Form, Record, RecordRef, FieldRef, RecordID, KeyRef, Report, Dataport,
XMLport, Boolean, Option, Integer, Decimal, BigInteger, Char, Text, Code, Date, Time,
Duration, DateTime, Binary, TextConst, DateFormula, GUID

OK

How can i check, the automaiton options in license that allow or not.

hello

you need granule OCX granule 1,750 in order to select automations. Otherwise you can only use existing codeunits that does have them. Or you need to ask your NSC to add them for you.